“I assure you, as often as you did it for one of my least brothers, you did it for me.”
ANNOUNCEMENT: Due to unsafe conditions in Haiti,
Matthew 25 House is temporarily CLOSED to guests.
Matthew 25 House is the “inn” place to be – there are no strangers, only friends you have yet to meet.
Matthew 25 House is a house of hospitality established by PTPA in September 2005. Located in the Delmas 33 area of Port-au-Prince, Matthew 25 House provides warm hospitality, comfort and assistance to visiting missionaries from U.S. twin parishes as well as other missionary and humanitarian organizations. Located just 15 minutes from the international and local airports, Matthew 25 House provides the following services to its visitors:
- Transportation to and from the airports
- A safe, comfortable environment with 24-hour security
- Breakfast and authentic Haitian dinners. Lunches available at extra cost
- Pleasant, hostel-style sleeping arrangements, with flush toilets and showers
- Advice about transportation and interpreters
- Wifi/Internet when working in Haiti
- Art boutique filled with items made in Haiti by local Haitian artists and craftspeople
Perhaps one of the most valuable experiences for Matthew 25 House guests is the opportunity to meet people from other twinned parishes and share ideas, projects, and experiences.
The house can accommodate up to 36 people. The cost of room and board is $55 per person per night. Reservations may be made up to one year in advance, or as little as one day, space permitting.
Matthew 25 House Contact Info
Director: Phaimie Jeannis
Phone: (011)(509)(4) 272-9166
PTPA Haiti Coordinator: Bertony Domond
Phone: (011)(509)(3) 726-4472
Matthew 25 Hospitality House Address:
#6, Rue A. Martial et Jean-Baptiste
Port-au-Prince, Haiti W.I.)